Tuesday, September 1, 2009








































I'm sitting here trying to remember all the hilarious things my boys have said to me in the past week, but I'm drawing a blank. My brain just doesn't want to cooperate this morning.
I've been making goals for Jamie and I in regards to money and how much of it we have been spending. I'm realizing that the store has become my friend. It's so lovely to wander down the isles and see all the new products and contemplate what to buy next, but then you find you have lost sight of your budget, as we have, and just buy what you want, when you want, and the item doesn't seem as special as it once would have been when you waited to make that purchase of want.
Anyway, as any addict would say, "It has been 9 days since my last purchase." Haha! I'm going to be forcing my way into my cousin's head and having her explain to me how she can possibly make it an entire month without stepping foot into a store. I'm so excited to learn from her.
The boys had a great first week of school and seem to be fitting in. They enjoyed their week of no homework and played their little hearts out with friends. Mason and I spent Friday picking tomatoes, peppers, and onions out of our little garden. We made salsa and spaghetti sauce with our bounty.
We had a busy past weekend. Saturday was spent in the house, cleaning and folding laundry. I was disappointed that I wasn't able to watch my semi-girly movie during my laundry folding time. Instead, I was forced to watch kungfu. I despise kungfu. Someone mentioned that I should learn kungfu and then I would be able to convince Jamie that we will be watching the movie of my choice. I may dwell on this suggestion.
Sunday was spent in our poor neglected yard and it is looking amazing again. I am loving all the flowers that are still blooming and making our backyard looks so happy. The boys ran in the sprinklers and had swordfights with the swimming noodles. We all played in the pool and Jamie threw the boys in the air and wrestled with them. We finished our day with bbq ribs. Jamie knows how to make a tender, yummy rib.

3 comments:

  1. Another great post. I have been reading a blog for over a year now. It is by an American woman n France. She decided to have a "slow" year. It meant spending little or no money. You might be interested in reading over her posts during her slow year.It is pretty amazing and she got me to rethink all of the "stuff" I buy.I am much less of a "consumer" now than I was, although probably still too much so. Anyway, she has some great ideas. For one thing, I don't take home any plastic bags any more. That's a start... She is a bit quirky, but I have come to like her a lot even though I've never met her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. Forgot to give you the link.
    http://frenchtoastfrance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good read this was. See you are the queen of blog. Sounds like you guys had fun this weekend. I loved the pictures. And the shopping thing is great, but does that mean you won't go to IKEA with me?

    ReplyDelete